Thomae Medical Spa is the only practice to offer CoolSculpting® in St. Louis, MO, and the North County area. This innovative treatment can eliminate stubborn fat non-surgically. Using freezing temperatures, it will destroy unwanted cells. Because this method is so conservative, it involves very little discomfort. Plus, thanks to the negligible recovery time, it is considered a “lunchtime treatment.” Most importantly, CoolSculpting® is effective, and it can give you a much slimmer and more youthful figure. Dr. Keith Thomae and his clinical staff are trained with CoolSculpting®. Thus, they can achieve precise results, adapted to your particular goals and body type. In turn, your self-confidence could skyrocket, changing virtually all aspects of your life.
Are You a Candidate for CoolSculpting®?
If you want to refine and trim any of the following areas, you may be a candidate for CoolSculpting®:
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs
- Flanks (to reduce “love handles” or a “muffin top”)
CoolSculpting® is appropriate for stubborn areas of fat that you have been unable to eliminate with diet and exercise. Therefore, to qualify for this innovative treatment, you should be at a healthy and stable weight for several months. You should also be committed to a balanced diet and regular physical activity. Typically, CoolSculpting® is most effective on smaller areas of fat. Nonetheless, in many cases, it can be an appropriate way to address large liposity.
Most patients find the experience relaxing, and they are able to read, check their email, or watch TV while they wait.
Finally, you should be in good health with no chronic or serious conditions. Problems such as an autoimmune disorder or skin infection may disqualify you from treatment. At the same time, you can still undergo the procedure if you have had plastic surgery in the past. Dr. Thomae or a member of his staff will analyze your health and weight loss history when determining your candidacy.
How CoolSculpting® Works
CoolSculpting® uses very cold temperatures to freeze and destroy unwanted fat. The temperatures are precisely targeted to affect only these cells. Therefore, the treatment will not damage your skin or any other nearby tissues. Over time, your body will break down and expel these dead fat cells. Therefore, with a healthy lifestyle, CoolSculpting® results are typically permanent.
The CoolSculpting® Procedure
Before CoolSculpting®, you will have a complete consultation with your doctor or clinical staff. You will discuss your goals for treatment, and your practitioner will evaluate the overall shape and proportions of your body. That way, he or she can determine exactly where to administer the treatment for natural results that will complement the rest of your figure.
After designing a personalized treatment plan, your practitioner will use a special applicator to freeze the fat cells. We use both the yellow “debulkers” for larger areas of fat and the purple “sculptors” for smaller amounts. You may require more than one treatment session to see your final results. Regardless of the type of applicator used, each session will last about 25 minutes.
The Benefits of CoolSculpting®
CoolSculpting® offers several key advantages. It is thanks to these benefits that the procedure has become increasingly popular in recent years.
- Non-invasive: CoolSculpting® is non-surgical, requiring no incisions or anesthesia. Therefore, it is considered a “lunchtime treatment.” Usually, you can return to work and even exercise immediately afterwards.
- Minimal discomfort: Initially, you will experience a powerful cold feeling and, in some cases, a gentle sensation of suction. After five to ten minutes, your skin will typically go numb. Most patients find the experience relaxing, and they are able to read, check their email, or watch TV while they wait. Afterwards, the most common feeling is a minor tingling, which will typically subside in about five minutes.
- Safe: CoolSculpting® is an FDA-cleared treatment with virtually no risks.
- Outstanding results: CoolSculpting® can significantly reduce fat and give you a firmer, more contoured figure. Like many patients, you may also feel more motivated to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to preserve your results.
Contact Us for More Information
Thomae Medical Spa is proud to bring this innovative treatment to the North County Area. Contact our office today to learn more about CoolSculpting® and to schedule your consultation.